Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

So, my peeps, Easter means lots and lots of photos. I apologize in advance for the overabundance of cuteness. My only excuse... how is a mother to choose??
I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend with plenty of Reese's Peanut Butter eggs and Starburst jelly beans!

Friday Boo and I went shopping for his Easter outfit. You might have seen me - I was the crazy lady in Baby GAP sitting in the middle of the floor with about ten outfits strewn around me mixing and matching, trying them on Boo and taking an occasional picture with my phone to send to The Hubs for advice? I only got one or two weird looks. Nothing I can't handle.

I was asked by a sincerely concerned employee toward the end of my shopping tirade if I knew there was a dressing room in the back. The thought hadn't crossed my mind. No seriously. I'm not being sarcastic. It actually didn't cross my mind that a store with the word 'Baby' in the name geared toward people under the age of 5 has dressing rooms. Only slightly embarrassed, I politely told her I was almost done and continued my quest for the perfect Easter outfit.

Boo was surprisingly patient. He found a couple things he wanted to try on and REALLY wanted to buy. Including the sunglasses you see in the above picture. When I told him we couldn't buy them there was a serious meltdown. This wasn't a spoiled meltdown, but a heart-broken one. Either way it was not a good experience and I couldn't give in. After much sunglasses-coveting sadness I finally decided to secretly buy them and let the Easter Bunny take the credit.

When he saw them in his Easter basket it was worth it. He was so very happy... You'll notice he didn't take them off the rest of the day.

The day began with a sleepy Boo following a trail of jelly beans that started from his room and lead to his Easter basket. The silly Easter Bunny's assistant (The Hubs) spent way too much time carefully laying each jelly bean down one by one the night before only to find that Boo doesn't follow rules on Easter. Upon seeing the floppy ears of his basket peeking out from behind the couch, he ditched the trail and ran like mad to his treasure.

DSC_2606



DSC_2582

DSC_2614

DSC_2619

DSC_2625

What? Most kids go on Easter egg hunts in a shirt and tie and sunglasses. It's normal.

After our Easter egg hunt The Hubs made us crepes. Yes, I said CREPES, people! It's his own recipe and they bring me much happiness.

Of course, I had to document the occasion, much to The Hubs' enjoyment:

DSC_2645

Yum!
DSC_2663


DSC_2669

And then Boo got naked and ran through the sprinklers.

Untitled-1

The End.

17 comments:

Michael and Staci said...

I seriously wanted to eat those crepes right through the computer screen. YUM!!! It sounds like a fun, memorable Easter. Cute pics!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

LOVE all the pictures, your little dude is one stylish guy! I think the sunglasses totally made the outfit too. Glad you had such a great easter and the crepes = delicious!

Molly Rivera said...

Wait a minute...I'm pretty sure it wasn't that warm on Easter!? What a fun day!

Gillian said...

Looks like he is channeling Tom Cruise in risky business.... Super styles! And the crepes? Wow, I want some! Great pics :)

Briann said...

he is seriously so so cute! We need to get together sometime for a play date!

Kelli said...

haha molly! everyone keeps saying that! my sisters were really wierded out. apparently the sun was a lot brighter and hotter in my backyard. we were out there for a couple hours soakin' up the much-needed rays. i fell asleep on a blanket and had to go inside because i got too hot!
it did get stormy toward the end of the day though, even at our house. haha.

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

My easter was definitely not this cute! Grey is too adorable! He seriously already has style wanting some shades!!? The pictures are fantastic though not surprising. Love this post.

the harrisons said...

i love the picture with the glasses upside down...LOVE IT!

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter! Grey looked so handsome in that nuch debated Easter outfit, couldn't get any cuter. The sunglasses put it all together though :) What a fun Easter!

Katherines Corner said...

what a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your happy memory making. Hugs!

NANCY said...

Adorable pictures!!

I'm following you from the I Love Blogging bloghop. Hope you're having a fantastic day!

Nancy

Hope you'll follow back at http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com

XLMIC said...

Great shots! I love the dress shirt and tie... and no pants! lol he is adorable!

And that food! WOW!

new follower from the I *heart* blogging hop :)

Nick and Whit said...

You're little man is too handsome. He's rocking those sunglasses like a true rockstar! I love it!

MrsHull said...

This post really made me smile. It looks like you had a great Easter. Don't you just love the excitement and joy that toddlers bring?

I'm your newest follower from some hop or another and I'm so glad I stopped by. (Love the name, too).

Tiffanie said...

stop it right now. these pictures are amazing. so so amazing. Love the baby Gap story- And I had no idea either, girl!

love.boxes said...

Who knew Brock was such a great cook. Those crepes are beautiful!

cindy said...

i love that old time rock and roll!!! tom cruise should check out this little dude!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.