Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Resurrection Rolls

Family Home Evening Monday night was dedicated to the resurrection of our Savior. I wanted to do something special to help Boo remember why we celebrate Easter.

I found the idea somewhere online quite awhile ago and I can't remember where. So I looked it up again for a refresher on this cute site. We had a lot of fun and this is what we did.

I explained to Boo that the marshmallow represents Jesus because it is white and pure.
Then I had Boo dip 'Jesus' in butter and roll it in cinnamon and sugar representing the oils and spices they rubbed on his body after he died to preserve it.

DSC_2716

We then took the dough of a single crescent roll and wrapped up the marshmallow tightly, representing the cloth they wrapped Jesus' body.

DSC_2718


He had to make sure no sugary goodness was left behind of course.

DSC_2722

We placed the rolls in the oven which represents the tomb Jesus' body was placed in.

DSC_2724

And Boo sneaked a mallow while I wasn't looking.

DSC_2725

DSC_2728

When the rolls were done we cut them open and the marshmallow was gone representing Jesus' resurrection.

DSC_2731

Boo thought it was magic... and very, very tasty.

DSC_2736

This is a keeper.

The next morning Boo woke up and asked, "Can I have some more Jesus'?"

I'm pretty sure he totally grasped the concept.

12 comments:

Alicia said...

That is such a cute idea! How fun!

Pamela said...

I made these with my children's church kids last year. Such fun and even though the resurrection is a hard concept for some children to grasp,the empty tomb is understandable.

Amazing blog, I'm glad I found you through the I Love Blogging Hop.

Blessings on your mothering and I'll pray about your adoption process.

Pamela

Sarah said...

I will be trying this one next year! Thank you!

Following from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! I hope you can stop by www.mooseandtater.com

Gillian said...

What a neat idea! I'm sure he's got it all figured out, and if not it's certainly not a bad thing when a kid asks for more Jesus! Must remember for next year...

B-Blogit said...

thats awesome he said that! and a cool idea I will have to do that!

Resurrection is a free gift too bad the rolls arent eh?

the harrisons said...

brilliant! and i love that he is wearing a costume during the evening! xoxo

Jennifer said...

That is a great idea! I wish I could have seen this idea before Easter... next year for sure!

Tiffanie said...

So awesome. What a great idea. And they look delicious.

Kristi said...

How cute! We did this one too but mine didn't ask for "more Jesus". There's one to tell him about when he grows up! :)

Dina said...

SO SO SO cute!!! Love that Grey is wearing his Lion for the resurrection of Jesus :)

love.boxes said...

Love it!

cindy said...

i love that he slurped up all the yummies and wanted more jesus so sweet

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.