Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Amen.

Boo: "Mom, remember that one time when we went to Disneyland?"
Me: "Yeah, it was so fun!"
Boo, speaking as fast as humanly possible: "And we had so much fun and then monsters came and chased us and we went on all the rides and some of them were scary and the monsters were bad guys because they hit people and then Buzz came and and he can fly and is the coolest toy EVER and Buzz saved the day. Amen."
Me: "Did you just say "amen?"
Boo: "Yeah, sometimes my primary teacher says that after she tells stories."
Me: "That's true."
Boo: "Mom, that was just a pretend story."

------------------------------

Boo: "Mom, I want a brudder and a shisher."
Me: "I would love for you to have a brother and a sister. You'd make such a good big brother!"
Boo: "We can name him Buzz!"
Me: "That's a good idea, we'll think about it."
Boo: "And we can name her Bullseye!"
Me: "Mmkay, what do you think about Halle or Cameron or Savannah?"
Boo: "No, I like Buzz and Bullseye."

13 comments:

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

haha I am also going to say amen after I tell stories now! SO bummed I didn't get to see you at the easter party this weekend..

Vivian said...

The reason why I like blog hops so much is because I get to find gems...like your blog!! LOVE it! Love your writing, your photography, your cute family. Made me laugh with the Amen post. I get that a lot, or the I'm going to fight Satan with my sword from my son... So excited to follow you :)

everyday products and more said...

newest follower from the hop looking forward to reading more great posts
http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

Krafty Max Originals said...

Hop'pin by from 'I <3 Blogging Blog Hop! '. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

Krafty Max Originals

Joe and Alice Waarvik said...

I love when they feel the need to remind us or comfort us with... "it's just pretend Mom" Like we didn't know. It's adorable!
I kinda like his name choices LOL!!!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Aww what a great story!! Boo sounds adorable! I'm a new follower, love your blog header too, beautiful family!

http://anirishitalianblessing.blogspot.com/

Nick and Whit said...

I could listen to my nieces and nephews talk all day. They say some pretty funny things!
"mom, I can't clean my room because I have no arms. I'm R2D2"
Pretty legitimate excuse if you ask me. :)
love ya!

Pamela said...

Gotta love kids. Made me smile. Congrats on your adoption approval.

New follower from blog hop.

Amen.
Pamela

The Reason You Come said...

That's so cute! Kids do say the darnedest, most adorable things!

I'm here from the hop, now following you on GFC. :)

Alicia said...

Cute stories.

A Helicopter Mom said...

So cute! I love the way little kids think (and talk!).

Thanks for joining our I ♥ Blogging Hop! I'm following your blog and would love it if you'd swing by A Helicopter Mom and follow me back! Thanks. :)

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

LOL, I love his choice in names :)

I am a new follower from the from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! Sorry it took me a few days to stop by! www.mooseandtater.com

love.boxes said...

I love all the fun things boo says! You'll be so glad that you have them recorded here. It all goes so fast.. too fast.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.