Monday, October 4, 2010

Introducing the newest member of our family....

PLUTO or 'Peedo' as Grey pronounces it. We got Boo his new little friend about two weeks ago. He is in LOVE with his dog. I thought maybe he would lose interest after a few days, but I don't see that happening. They are buddies.

I have to say that he is the best dog ever! We got him a 41/2 months so he was almost potty trained. That has been so nice. But he is so calm and sweet. He will play catch and chase Grey around outside, but when it's time to come inside he'll just lay by your feet and hang out. I am sold on this breed. I did so much research and this is the best dog for kids that I could find. Right up there with labs, but smaller and they don't shed nearly as much. If you're looking for a dog, I highly recommend this one. He's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Naming him was one of the hardest things about him. Boo just wanted to call him 'Baby.' Every time The Hubs or I would suggest a name, he'd say, "No, just Baby." So much to The Hubs' dismay (he said he wouldn't like the dog as much if his name was Baby) his name became Baby.

A couple days later, Boo was pretending to be Mickey Mouse, he named me Minnie and then a light bulb when off in his head and he said "And Pluto!" while pointing to his dog. I asked him, if he wanted to name the dog Pluto instead of Baby and that he couldn't change it anymore. He enthusiastically agreed. I think he just needed it to be his idea. So Pluto it is.

049

048

050

Isn't he so cute!

10 comments:

Bradie said...

Very cute! We had one like him when we lived in Beaver.

Heather - said...

What a cute little puppy!! Once our lives are normal again, I'm going to try to talk James into letting us get a dog.

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

These pictures are killing me, Pluto is sooo cute! I'm sure grey is in heaven. So nice he is potty trained! I am excited to meet him, & Diesel would love to meet him too :)

Candida Marie said...

can sienna come and play with him! oh, and grey too ;)

Nicole said...

One of our favorite kind of dogs. we almost got one a few months ago, but I just wasn't ready for a dog yet. Our neighbor breeds them so se have been around a lot of them, and they all have the best personalities, especially with kids. Good choice!

Molly Rivera said...

Oh my gosh, can I steal him!! So adorable! I have heard very good things about this breed, you made a good choice. Grey will love him forever, dogs make great playmates.

Jennifer said...

Sooo cute! That is awesome that he doesn't shed much and is potty trained! One day when we actually are settled somewhere it would be fun to have a dog.

Alicia said...

He is tres cute.

HappyHodges said...

Adorable!!!

GeNee said...

What a darling dog. You took such cute pictures.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.