Thursday, August 13, 2009

justice

This morning Boo wanted a "nana" for breakfast. I broke one in half and gave it to him. After shoving the entire thing into his mouth at once, he said "nana" and signed "more." So I happily gave him the other half. Knowing I was taking a big risk with him right by my feet, but assuring myself he was occupied with his "nana," I tried to sneak a Godiva chocolate. I love chocolate in the morning. I swear to you it calls my name.

As soon as he notice the unopened chocolate in my hands he reached for it saying "eh, eh, eh!" I pointed at his banana and said, "that one is yours, this one is mommy's." I actually saw the light bulb go off in his head. He bolted right to the garbage to throw away his banana. He knew exactly how to make that chocolate his.

I quickly put the chocolate down and backed up with my hands in the air, retreating, "Ok, you win, it's bye, bye, eat your banana." As soon as he saw me put the chocolate down, he was quickly satisfied and began eating his banana.

4 comments:

B-Blogit said...

HAHA!!! Dont you just love how smart the kids are!!

Kricket said...

So cute. I love the new pictures. I can't wait to see you guys!

Michael and Staci said...

Doesn't it stink when they get old enough and start noticing things like that!!! I have to hide when I want chocolate, especially before lunch! :-)

Cristy said...

I love him!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.