Friday, April 17, 2009

yay for The Hubs! and me! and yay Boo!

We can all take a sigh of relief, especially The Hubs. The Hubs' hard work and dedication to finding an internship have finally come into fruition. He received an offer! Wahoo! He will be working for Ensign Peak Advisers in Salt Lake. It is the LDS church headquarters, where they handle their money and investments. Brock will be working in the same building as the apostles of the church. He will be rubbing shoulders with a very elite group of business people and his experience will be invaluable.

This internship couldn't be more perfect for him. His focus has always been investments, which is exactly what he'll be doing and he is thrilled to be working for the church.

It has been a hard year for the economy, making it a very hard year for MBA students. This year only about 60% of BYU MBA's have been placed for jobs and internships, while last year placement was at around 95%.

The Hubs has been working extremely hard all year, networking, researching companies and interviewing, all while trying to stay on top of his school work. The job search has been a very frustrating, grueling yet humbling process.

He maintained a good attitude and never became overly discouraged and it paid off.
It has truly been a learning experience for both of us. As the year crept closer and closer to its end, we began to feel more and more pressure and maybe a little panic. :) But The Hubs remained hopeful and determined. Things usually come quite easily to Brock, (which can be a little annoying to me, because in my case it's pretty much the opposite)and I think he has been humbled by this experience. We both have.
So now we have a life lesson and an internship! :)

Everything has worked out exactly how it was supposed to. We had to wait all year, but The Hubs couldn't be happier with his opportunity.

So congratulations The Hubs. Thank you for all your hard, hard work and for never giving up. Boo and I are so proud of you!
The day he received his formal offer, he brought me home a dozen roses and chocolate covered strawberries. Awwwe. I'm a lucky gal.DSC_4792w

I just don't understand why it took him so long to get his ideal internship....just look at him.
DSC_4787w
Brock took this picture with my camera, to be funny. Well, I guess the joke's on him. :)
Seriously though, will someone please tell him to stop pulling that face? It frightens me.

16 comments:

Joe said...

brock - that face is priceless. make it more often :)
and many congrats on your ideal internship experience!

Brittney said...

Wow, what a face ;)

I'm glad he gave credit where credit is due and bought you roses and treats. That's too sweet.

HURRAY for the Stephens!

the harrisons said...

YEAh! I am so excited for y'all. what an incredible experience!

B-Blogit said...

Congrats to all on the internship it is great news! Brock that face is scary I would stop before that picture is circulated around the internet LOL!

HappyHodges said...

I am cracking up, nice pic Brock! What a sweet guy and congrats to ya'll. Hey id love to send ya a invite to our blog if your interested?1 send me a email at amhodges2004(at)q(dot)com

Molly Rivera said...

The funniest picture ever! I'm a little frightened myself!
Congrats, I'm so happy things are working out. Someone is watching out for you :)

Nicole said...

That's great news on your internship. I'm glad it all worked out.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations you guys! That is so exciting! That will be so neat to work so close to the apotles. And how sweet that Brock brought home roses.

I love the picture of Brock... I didn't recognize him at first :)

anne said...

SO happy Brock was able to get an internship. I know how upset you were when you were down here. Everything happens for a reason. Had he gotten another internship he wouldn't have gotten this awesome one. :)

Love the face too. :) lol

Candida Marie said...

YAY!

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

ROFLMBO.....THAT IS FRIGHTENING!!!
Come over and see our Whidbey pictures and edit my somewhat fictional story.

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

Congrats Brock!!!

Cristy said...

Yeah for Brock! That is wonderful. Sounds like the perfect job for Brock. Maybe it will become a permanent job and you can stay in Utah.

P.S. I have always loved Brock but after seeing that face...

Michael and Staci said...

Congrats on the internship! I love the red roses. :-)

Alicia said...

That face makes me laugh. I love the red roses the best though. That is so classy of Brock to make a special announcement that way. Well done all of you! I know how hard that is...great work!

GeNee said...

I am glad you got an internship and in Salt Lake City how nice. It sounds like it could turn into a great job. Now you never have to make that face again

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.