Monday, May 11, 2009

M.I.C.K.E.Y. M.O.U.S.E!

I finally talked The into taking Boo and me to Disneyland! It really is THE happiest place on earth! Especially when you don't have to wait in line. That's right, five minute lines, my friends! We had several things working in our favor: terrible economy, swine flu and school was still in session. :)
We invited our friends, the Knights along. Joe is in The Hubs' MBA program. They have a little baby girl, a couple months younger than Boo.

Boo had such a blast! It was a whole new experience to bring my own son to meet Mickey. In fact, he really couldn't get enough of Mickey. Every time we'd go into a shop he'd grab as many Mickeys off the shelves as he could and give them a tight "squeeze." He was such a good boy and put them away when we were done in the store. We asked him nicely, and he would gently (which is an adjective of which he generally doesn't know the meaning) and would tell them "bye, bye."
He didn't cry or beg for anything. So of course we got him his own little Mickey for being so good. And he still hasn't put it down.
He is very polite and tells everyone and thing "bye, bye." Every time we got off a ride he made sure to tell it bye. I didn't know you were supposed to do that. Where are my manners!

Boo's favorite ride was "It's A Small World." He thought it was very cool. We took him on it a second time and just walking to the ride he started making very excited noises.

His other favorite was "Finding Nemo." When the ride started he said "WOW!" in a really soft, little voice, with his tiny hand pressed up against the small window as he peered out. It was a highlight of my life.

Toon Town was also a hit. There were so many cars to drive and so little time. It was almost like he wasn't having fun while playing on the cars because he was so nervous someone was going to take him off. And we did. And he didn't like it. One bit. Notice the only crying picture. Can you believe we wouldn't let him drive us home?? We're really mean, parents.

We met up with my sister and her family. Unbeknown to us, we planned Disneyland trips for the same day. Really weird. But I'm sure glad we did!

We loved our beach days. The first day of our trip we went to Venice Beach, also known as "muscle beach." It was pretty sweet. We saw some very interesting folk. Boo loved the water and the sand. The water was cold, but of course The Hubs had to dive into it and catch a few waves, even though he could barely breath. Boo didn't seem to mind the temperature of the water too much either. He liked when it washed up on his feet.

The second to last day we went to New Port Beach, which is pretty opposite to Venice Beach. It was a little more ritzy and smelled a little less like marijuana.
The Hubs, Boo and I climbed some huge coral rocks and explored some tunnels. Boo even let a little crab walk on his hand. He giggled.

We had such a great time. Mostly Grey just loved that every day, first thing, we went "bye, bye." That's what he wants to do every day. Get his shoes, put them on, go "bye, bye." He doesn't understand now why we don't start riding rides at 10 a.m. poor kid. who am i kidding, i don't either.

disneyland-collage

6 comments:

anne said...

YAY for anything DISNEY! I love it. There is nothing more fun as a parent than watching your child have the time of their life with all the magic of Disney.
I'm so glad you got to get away for a bit. :)

Bradie said...

Yay! We love Disneyland! Berkli and Breklyn tell me EVERYDAY that they want to go to Disneyland. I'm going in Sept. for a wedding, and in Oct. for Halloween. You guys should come!!!

Candida Marie said...

good times!

Molly Rivera said...

How Fun!! If Grey loved Disney Land even half as much as you, then I'm sure he was having the time of his life.
I think it might be a while before we can take Jackson there because he is so small :( But I can't wait until we can.

Jen said...

oh my gosh! you have the prettiest baby in the world! He is such a doll. And everyone will forever know it since you are a wonderful photographer too! How perfect!
YOu are so talented!

Jennifer said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun in California! I'm so sad we didn't go at the same time, it would have been so much fun!! I love all of the beach pictures! That is funny you went to Venice beach. I went there last year with my family and I thought it was crazy! I perfect place for a "people watcher".
I am coming to Utah on June 2nd. We need to plan something while I'm there. Are you going to be in Salt Lake by then?

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.