Tuesday, January 20, 2009

playing is hard work

I just thought I'd post (a few) of my favorite photos I took of Grey playing today. This is pretty much a typical day. Play hard and work hard are the same thing in my world. He plays, I work. (cleaning up after him!) I do encourage him to help me clean up, by singing the "clean up" song. He sings with me now and it's hilarious. He can't talk.
He's obsessed with books, lately. Three or four in particular. Two little Christmas books I bought last year for a buck a piece, "Barn Yard Dance" and "We're Going to Catch a Bear," which is kind of an adorable book, by the way. And not to be forgotten, Brock's favorite, "Doggies," which is solely multiple variations of dog barks.
About every 15 seconds he's coming at me, "uh, uh, uh!" Holding a book out in front of him, frantically. I've wondered what might happen if I decide I don't want to read the same book for the 30 trillionth time. But no, I read on. The animation and excitement in my voice fades as the day goes on and by about 5 p.m. I sound similar to Dr. Phil, or a broken record.
We do love to play though!

Untitled-1

3 comments:

Cristy said...

SOOO Cute! I love the pic of him reading the book with his fat little toes sticking out! He is so cute I want to bite him! When are you coming up? We miss you!

Alicia said...

He's so cute! You took some great pictures! I hope I can see you at my baby shower on Feb. 21st. You should get an invitation soon.

Jamie said...

I love the pic of him from behind with his sock monkey. I miss that boy you are a little bit selfish with him!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.