Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday my beautiful boy!

My boy loves balls, so that was the theme. I made him a soccer ball cake, and I was quite pleased with it, seeing as it was my first ever attempt at a birthday cake. (Beyond your average square panned cake.) We had everything balls. Ball plates, balloons, lights, party hats, table cloth. I tend to go a little crazy when I throw parties, but I think it turned out cute. It was so fun. He seemed to have had a great time, but I think the cake was his favorite.

DSC_0006s

He was pretty spoiled. I took a picture of the pile of presents he had, but decided not to post it as it was a bit ridiculous. And at the end of the night, his favorite toy of course was a $5 BYU ball his dad got him. Father knows best I guess. :)

DSC_0065

It was so fun to have everyone there including Grey's great grandparents. They are so great and so supportive. Not to mention adorable!
We had spaghetti for dinner because that is Grey's very favorite food. He gobbled it down. I got a cute picture of him with it all over his face, but I figured messy cake pictures were sufficient. I'm trying to be a little more modest with my picture posts. I tend to go kind of crazy.

DSC_0010

Pre-cake...
candle-1

Post cake... I think he liked it.
cake

Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting the party and helping me put it all together. It was such a great memory!

DSC_0170

Grey's favorite things at 1:
"Farm" book. It's actually kind of a boring book, but about every 15 minutes he's holding it up to me going "uh, uh, uh." He also really likes "That's Not My Puppy." That one I like. :)
His bunny baby that I've had since I was like 9. He gives it lots of loves and likes to poke it's belly to hear it laugh.
Treats! The boy lives for treats. Cheerios, crackers, fruit snacks. Anything that isn't super good for him.
Balls. He pushes his balls around in a little shopping cart. He's so sensitive. I think he's gonna be a good dad. haha.
Giving hugs and kisses. He is such an affectionate little boy and I love it. He loves everything and while he's loving on you he has to say "ohhhhhh." So cute!!
Getting into my kitchen cupboards and pulling everything out! That's a fun one.
Helping Mom with the laundry. He likes putting objects inside things, so he always makes sure he is around when I rotate the laundry. He's a very good helper.
Stairs. He's obsessed. He thinks it's such a fun game and giggles and giggles on his way up because he knows he's not supposed to.
His mommy and daddy.

Things Grey can do at 1:
Words: "Mom, Mamma, Dad, Dadda, ball, Hi, I love you, Gram, yum, no,no,no."
He can clap to show his excitement and displeasure. They two are very distinct. When he's bawling me out it's a really hard, loud, one clap. When he's happy its a bunch of claps really fast. I mostly love the mad claps. It cracks me up.
Can stand up without holding on to anything and can take up to three steps. But he'd much rather crawl. If I could walk as fast as that kid crawls, I'd crawl too.
He dances. I don't know where he learned this. He kind of just started doing and it's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. He can dance kneeling on his knees and standing up. He's pretty talented.
Gives kisses whenever you ask for one. This is my favorite trick of all.
Oh and he can read. I think he's pretty young, but it's really not that big of a deal.

14 comments:

Brittney said...

Look at those curls! I'm in love with them. I want to chop them off and put them in my pocket.

BTW I am VERY impressed with the cake, heck with the whole party for that matter, it looks like it was a huge hit. You must come to cake date on Thursday with me and Jamie and share your cake skills.

I can't believe Grey is already a year old. I swear it was just yesterday that I was visiting you and staring down at a tiny, perfect baby boy in your arms.

Anyway, we MUST get little Als and Grey together soon. Ali is also very lovey dovey and is constantly giving kisses and hugs. It would be fun to see 'em go at it ;)

This post made me miss you guys, well that and the beautiful for sale sign in your yard.

Alright, enough, this is the end of my novel post.

Sherrie said...

Kel, I LOVE the pictures! I still can't believe he's already a year old! Wow how time flies!!

The Riv's Ride said...

What a fun party! I can't wait until Jackson turns one...well, I don't want it to come too soon.
I'm very impressed with the cake.
We need to get our boys together to play, especially when mine gets a bit older.

HappyHodges said...

I cant believe he is already 1! Wow time fly's! I still adore those curls and big eyes. I miss you guys you need to come and play with me and Britt soon! Happy Birthday Grey!

Nicole said...

He's one! It seems like we haven't seen him forever. You are such a fun mom. That party would be fun for anyone. Happy Birthday, Grey!

Candida Marie said...

looks like a superb event. it's getting me all geared up for sienna's 1st in two months!

Jennifer said...

Cute birthday party! You did a good job with everything! So you ended up with the soccer cake, it looked so good and I could see Grey loved it and that is most important. It was fun to read about all of the cute things Grey is doing now that was a good idea to post that!

The Riv's Ride said...

Your comment on my blog made my day! I was laughing so hard. I had forgotten about those little things. We have a lot of memories to laugh and smile about!!!
All of my new friends have had big shoes to fill, and (I shouldn't say this) they just haven't come close.
Miss you too!

B-Blogit said...

This is just fantastic! great pictures!

Lindsay Thacker said...

oh my gosh!! These pictures are priceless! I love them. So darn cute kelli. You have the cutest little family!

Lindsay Thacker said...

Oh my gosh I would LOVE you to take some pictures of us. I just need to talk Nate into it. What age is good to get some family pics. We got some when he was like 2 or 3 months old. What do you think?

Ashley Thompson said...

Thanks Kel. :-) I love the pics by the way! You are doing such a great job!

HappyHodges said...

Hey Guys! Hope all is well! I was hoping to get your address! If you dont mind emailing it to me at amhodges2004@q.com. Thanks!

Ashlie said...

Kelli He is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! My mom just gave me your blog and Oh my word he is cute! I can not get over the curls. I hope you don't mind by blog stalking!?! We should get together some time.

Ashlie Little

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.