Monday, November 3, 2008

final final

I had a million cute pictures, so I decided to just do a big, slightly overwhelming collage! Speaking of overwhelming, that was Grey, pretty much all night. He wasn't sure what to think about his huge, constricting costume, that seemed to make everything a little more difficult. Not to mention everyone's odd behavior. He was very happy, however, about the fact he was able to eat anything he wanted and he definitely wasn't short-handed at Grandma's house when it came to sweets. I'm pretty sure every tooth decaying food invented was at her party...It was so cute though to watch Grey grab anything and everything and shove it into his mouth. I think each time he was sure we were going to start taking things away from him, so he just stuffed it into his mouth before that was a possibility.
When I finally got Brock to put Grey on the ground to hit the pinata by himself (poor guy wanted to be in the pictures I think :)) Grey gave the ghost a good whack and then decided to give it a love. He is very affectionate lately. I love it! Lots of kisses for mommy and daddy and pretty much every other in adamant object.
As you can see from the pictures, Grey came up with a brilliant spin on bobbing for apples. His way (reaching in with your hand and simply pulling out an apple, uh hellllooooo!) is much more efficient. He's a genius! I can't believe someone didn't think of that!
My mom really worked hard on every detail, from the homemade doughnuts to the green frosting to decorate them with. She is SUCH a great Grandma and Grey is so lucky! Thanks so much mom and dad for making Grey's first Halloween so memorable! We love you so much and all that you do for us!!
Oh and notice the small pictures of the really scary and very realistic eyeballs? Yes, I made those. :) They were yummy! (wink.)

Of course we can't forget Grandma and Grandpa Stephens! We went trick-or-treating to their house before the big party!
On Saturday, Pam took Grey and me to lunch and then took us shopping...for Grey's Birthday! Haha. I had just as much fun picking out toys for Grey as I do shopping for clothes for myself. We would pick a couple toys and let Grey play with them and if he really liked it, she'd buy it....so he pretty much got everything he saw, or touched, or smiled at. He's kinda spoiled. :) We had such a great time together. She is so fun to talk to and be around.We're going to make it a tradition to shop together for Grey's birthday. Maybe next time, I'll be able to buy a few things for my own son. hehe. I guess that's what grandparents are for. :)
Thanks Pam for such a fun weekend and for all you do!
DSC_0006 copy

9 comments:

Nicole said...

He looks so cute. I can't believe how big he's getting. Prentice was the same way with all the treats. It sounds like Grey has some amazing grandparents. Sometimes I look in my kids' rooms and think to myself, I hardly think I bought any of these toys and clothes. They mostly came as gifts from loving family.

Molly Rivera said...

What a cool party your mom put on. I bet she just loves having all of her grand babies close. I love Grey's little bat outfit, and the collage is very cool.

Candida Marie said...

that is awesome! so much fun for grey, he does love giving love.

we tried giving Sienna a sweet, her first m&m. apparently she wasn't done feeling ill, lets just leave it at that...

Brock said...

The blog looks fantastic Kelli. That is a word I never use by the way. I love the new heading with the 3 pics of Grey. That kid is gonna be as handsome as his dad, I swear. Thanks for putting in all the time and effort to display your talents and to track our family...well mostly Grey. Keep it up!

T-Rah said...

Wow! I haven't been on your blog for awhile! It looks awesome! Very cute pictures! We were moving on Halloween so I didn't really get to enjoy the holiday with Riley...and now I'm sad about it. :( Next year, I guess.
Hope you guys are doing well! Maybe I'll get to see you soon...and take you up on the guitar hero playing! :)

Jennifer said...

Hey Kell, I hope everyone got their invitations today! I can't believe Grey turns one on Sunday, what a big boy! Your mom's Halloween party looked Awsome! I bet all of the little grand kiddies had so much fun, it looks like Grey had is share of the goodies :)

Brittney said...

ok, first of all, could your page be any cuter?! I mean seriously girl, give the rest of us unartistic folks a chance, hehe. Seriously, LOVE IT!!! Loved your post too. Looks like quite the Halloween party! I'm going to try Grey's idea the next time I am bobbing for apples! I think hes on to something there for sure! Oh and giving the pinata a hug? What a sweet little lovey boy. I miss him.

McKensie Stephens said...

All I can say is wow that's my nephew! He is so cute and your photography talents just bring out the very best in anyone you take a picture of. I love looking at your blog so much and I had so much fun at Grey's birthday party tonight... Tell Randy and Cindy my birthday is October sixteenth :) haha I LOVE your family and I love you too kell, you are such an awesome sister-in-law and you can take pictures for my wedding announcements in a few years haha.

Jennifer said...

Hey when are you going to put pictures of Grey's birthday? I am excited to see them!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.