Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just for the record...

I have tried several different times to post pictures of our cruise and other things we've done over the past little while and for some reason I haven't been able to. So I have tried to update, I promise! So while my baby is sleeping and I have only a few minutes to myself I thought I'd quickly catch you all up on my, so far, very eventful summer and hopefully post some pictures later. That is of course if blogspot will allow it.

We went on our cruise in June and it was such a blast! Although it was extremely hard to leave my little baby for a whole week, it was a really good break for Brock and me and we were able to reconnect a little and relax. Brock's grandparents paid for his entire extended family to go. They're amazing! We went to Mazatlan, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta where we rode a zip line through a Mexican jungle, rode wave runners in the ocean and bodysurfed and shopped. It was such an incredible trip. If you haven't gone on a cruise I highly recommend it!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! We love you!
My sister, Jamie and my nephew Tyler came to visit shortly after and while she is here it is the "month of Jamie" and we have something fun planned almost every day, as we want to make the best of our time with her before she goes back to Virginia. We went to the dinosaur park at Thanksgiving Point. Grey really didn't appreciate it too much. He mostly wanted to sleep and eat and really couldn't care less about much else. 
We went fishing at a little trout farm in Northern Ogden where Grey caught his first fish! While Grandma Cindy was trying to help him reel it in, he wasn't having much fun, kinda complaining a little, but once that fish was dangling in front of him he was happy. He tried to hold it and I'm sure he was trying to figure out how to get it into his mouth. That night we had a trout feast. All the cousins and my brother Michael made quite a hall. That was a really fun day.
The Fourth of July was fun. We went to the Kaysville parade, which is Brock's favorite (still not really sure why.) Riverton's parade was much cooler. Sorry Brock. :) We had a bbq at my parent's house and finished the day with some Utah-approved fireworks in front of our house. Those are always very, very exciting. Although a lit match is pretty much what Utah allows, the kids still managed to be afraid and hid behind the adults. Except for Grey. He slept through them all, loud bangs and whistles and all. He woke up for the tail end of the last firework, with his eyes half open, he looked back at it until it was over then plopped his head right back down on his dad's chest. I think he really enjoyed them. :)
Brock and I went out with my best friend Jen whom I have known since childhood and her husband Jesse. They brought their little boy Cayson who is just a few months older than Grey. We went to the Mayan for dinner and the boys had a blast. They interacted so cute. I think they'll be really good friends when Jesse finishes med. school and they move back from Arizona already!! It was so good to see them. 
My high school friend and college roommate, Molly also came home from Nevada and was able to drop by with her new baby. He was such a doll. Grey wanted to play, but Jack wasn't quite old enough. It was good to finally see her baby and have her meet Grey.
The best news of all.....My sister Jamie, her husband Matt and Tyler are coming home...for good! He found a job in Utah as a judge's clerk!!! We couldn't be more excited to have them back!!! They will officially move home Aug. 4. Yay!
Well I'm sure I've missed some things, but it's getting a little long. So that's my summer in a nutshell. I'll hopefully post some pictures soon. I hope you all are having a fabulous summer as well!!

8 comments:

Dave and Britt said...

Ah Kelli girl...you're back!!! Sounds like you have been super busy enjoying your family and the summer. I agree with Jamie though, its time to concentrate on friends now, hehe. Lets get together! We need to get in as much time as possible before you move and leave us for good.

Oh, and the stories of Grey gave me a good chuckle. Isn't it funny that as parents we go through so much trouble to provide fun outings for the wee ones, and they end up not caring a bit.

Also, awesome news that your sister is moving back!!! I hope Em and Ali are close when they are older like you and your sisters.

Bradie said...

That is so great that Matt got the job!! It will be so nice for them to be closer to family.

Michael and Staci said...

Sounds like such a fun summer! That's funny that Grey slept through the fireworks. :-)

HappyHodges said...

Its good to hear something out of you! It sounds like you guys have been having a great time! It is so fun to be close to our families and enjoy all these great times with them, isnt it?
And yes it was Days Farm that Britt and I went to! You will need to join us on our next get together!

Jennifer said...

It was so good to see you! Cayson and Grey were so cute together!!! I can't wait to see the pictures you took. I wish I would have taken more so that I could look at them now. I wish we could hang out more, we need to do something again when I come in September and October. We should go somewhere fun for Grey and Cayson. Thanks so much for driving to Sandy, we had so much fun! I'll call you this week so we can make a weekly phone play date.

Dave and Britt said...

I posted the recipe for the granola bars on my blog for you. Thanks for hanging out with me at playdate today, it was fun!

Ashley Thompson said...

It sounds like you have been having a blast! Cruises are amazing! Landon has never been on one so we are determined to get on one before we start having kids. But, I guess you just proved you can still go even after the little ones are here. ;-) Miss ya! Give Grey big hugs for me! P.S. I tagged you so now you must go to my page and read the blog post labeled RANDOM FACTS. Love ya!

The Riv's Ride said...

You have been busy! That is so exciting that Jamie is moving back! I'm so happy for her.

So how did Grey do away from you for a week? We might be going on a cruise in October and I'm trying to decide if I want to take Jackson or leave him. With nursing and everything I'm thinking I will take him. The trip is free from Nathan's work anyway. But you will have to tell me how you left Grey for a week when your nursing. Maybe I can figure something out.

Can't wait to see some pics.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.