Monday, May 12, 2008

Some pictures of my first Mother's Day!


We had lunch at Brock's parent's house
with Great Grandma and Grandpa Stephens. Grey fell asleep
 in Aunt McKensie's arms. He loves her. 
It was such a perfect day! I love spring. The flowers were so fragrant! I had to take some pictures of Monte's beautiful flower gardens. He has quite the "green thumb."


We had a BBQ at my parent's house for dinner and then roasted marshmallows on their deck afterward. It was Grey's first time seeing an open fire and he thought it was pretty cool. He couldn't take his eyes off it (except for in this one picture, hehe) and it eventually put him to sleep.
Grey and his cousin, Macey are already becoming good friends. Grey likes to try to grab her wherever he can reach and she prefers just smiling at him from a distance. So cute!


Mother's Day was so much fun. Being a mom, I have really grown to appreciate my own mom and everything she has done for me. I'm sure over the years that appreciation will just grow stonger. 
Thanks Mom! I love you!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Mother's day! It looks like it was fabulous! I love the picture of Grey on mom's lap. You are such a great mom, Grey is so lucky to have you. I loved your post about motherhood too. Another thing I love about being a mom is seeing Tyler's sleepy eyes when he first wakes up.
p.s. you can definitely copy the post

Ashley Thompson said...

I'm not a mom, but its mommy's like you who give us just a glimpse of how wonderful it can be. :-)

Jennifer said...

It looks like you had such a great mothers day! I really miss my mom on days like that!!

That is so awsome you are going on a cruise! Who is going to watch Grey? We will actually be in Salt Lake the very end of June and the beginning of July. Would Tuesday July 1st work to have dinner?

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.