Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Reasons I love being a mom:

  • Breath that smells like sweet milk and candy.
  • Finding myself singing along to songs like "Puff the Magic Dragon," and "Jimmy Cracked Corn" while driving, even when Grey isn't in the car.
  • Always being greeted with a gigantic, opened-mouth smile. 
  • Being surprised throughout the day with bouts of spit up and unexpected urination during diaper changes.
  • The feeling of being the most important person in someone's life.
  • The sound of involuntary giggles.
  • Slobbery, opened-mouth kisses.
  • Tiny fingers and toes.
  • Skin that feels like velvet.
  • The presence of perfection.
  • The epidemy of pure and unconditional love.
  • Waking up to coos and cute baby sounds.
  • The smell of baby lotion.
  • Bathtime
  • The fact that somewhere on my body I'm either sticky or wet or both.
  • Seeing myself when I look at him.
  • The instant ability to forget yourself.
  • The look on his face when he's learning something new.
  • Being the person he wants when he's sad, hurt or well pretty much always. :)
  • Loving someone so much it hurts.
  • The memory of seeing his face for the first time.
  • Breastfeeding.
The list goes on and on, but I'll stop here. If any of you have any others leave them on my "comments!"

3 comments:

Butler Blog said...

You almost made me start crying! Being a mom is the best! I love knowing that everyday I am needed and everyday my boys need me! I love when Gage tells me that he loves me--sometimes he just blurts it out randomly when we're grocery shopping or something. The sweet kisses, and the slobbery loves from Bostyn. I love seeing Bostyn kick his feet and clap his hands when I walk into a room, and of course as you already mentioned--the huge smiles stretched across their faces because they are happy to see me!!

Dave and Britt said...

You know what my favorite thing about being a mom is....just snuggling my little ones. Hugging the innocence ya know. I love at the end of the day when its quiet and calm and I just get to rock my baby or read Emma stories as we snuggle in her bed. I loved reading all of yours, I kept shouting, "its so true!"

Nicole said...

What a perfect blog. I just want to copy it for my own. I also love how being a mom motivates me to be better in every way. I also love that every day is a new adventure...some adventures better than others, but still something new. It is also so fun watching my kids learn and grow. Each stage of their life is so fun in different ways.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.