Wednesday, April 9, 2014

During a car ride to the park the other day:

Grey: "Mom, Dad said if we buy a chimp, we have to get rid of a brother."
Me: "Oh yeah? Well that would be a hard decision."
Grey: "I already made it."
Me: "What did you decide?"
Grey: "I'd trade in Charlie."
Me: "Charlie? Why Charlie?"
Grey: "Because he's too messy."
Me: "I think a chimp would be messier."
Grey: "No way, mom. Chimps are smarter than babies. Plus Charlie's happy about it. See? He's smiling."
Me: "I don't think he knows what you're talking about."
Charlie: "Chimp, Mom."
Me: Too busy laughing to reply.

Minutes later I looked into my rear-view window and noticed Grey cuddling close to Charlie's car seat, holding his hand.

Me: "That is so cute that you're holding hands. See you could never trade Charlie in for a chimp. You love him too much."
Grey with a roll of the eyes: "Just don't tell anyone, Mom." 

(He won't read this until he's way older and forgot I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone. :)



2 comments:

Kricket said...

So good to hear from you. I hope you post more, I want to know how you are all doing!

Alicia said...

That is the best. I love it.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.