Sunday, October 2, 2011

My babinski

Untitled-1

A few things I've learned over the past two months about my happy little guy:

He loves being kissed, touched and loved on. Whenever I kiss him or caress my face on his, he smiles.

He is very expressive and will look right into my eyes when he's "telling" me something, be it crying, cooing or opening his mouth as wide as possible wanting to eat.

Has about a million different expressions all of which melt my heart.

When I rub the back of his little neck he burps 99 percent of the time. It's genius.

He is a cuddle bug.

He loves to be swaddled as tightly as humanly possible.

If he's not swaddled his hands will involuntarily rise above his head making him feel like he's flying.

He does not like to feel like he's flying.

He likes to watch Boo play.

Is soothed by the sound of running water.

Likes medicine a great deal. So much so that when put in his mouth he laughs so hard he can't suck it off the teaspoon.

He understands jokes and will laugh when you tell one in his presence or tease him.

Has the goofiest smile and laugh that makes me love him so much I can't stand it!

Is the sweetest guy, just like his big brother.

Hates riding in the car.

Loves his swing.

He loves his milk. Sometimes his bottle makes him laugh too.

Stops crying to the sound of his mommy's voice.

Bug had his 2-month doctor's appointment yesterday and is apparently a very big boy. I knew this already due to the way people tend to look at me when I tell them he's only 2 months. They look at him for awhile in a confused state, back to me and then back to him, always ending with, "Big boy!"

The doctor, however, gave me concrete evidence that I am indeed raising a "big boy."

He weighs 13 lbs. 8 oz., putting him in the 86 percentile for weight.
He is 24 1/4 inches tall, putting him in the 89 percentile for height.

I LOVE my big baby boy!!

7 comments:

Carina Schoen said...

your last two posts have been so sweet. your little guys are too cute!

Maghann said...

He is a seriously good lookin' baby!! I'm so happy for you Kelly!

Maghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly Rivera said...

so what is this babes name anyways? :-)

Candida Marie said...

so adorable!!!

Alicia said...

He's as big as Timothy! Well, I think Timmy is 1 lb. bigger. What a hunk! He's adorable. That's so funny he hates the car. My niece Elsa hates the car too. I'm glad Boo got a date with you. He's a cute guy. Both are darling. Love you.

The Lovells said...

so cute! I'm so happy for you.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.