Friday, September 30, 2011

Date night

Yesterday morning while laying in bed with my boys feeding the babe, Boo looked over and said most sincerely and kindly while displaying the only jealousy of his baby brother since we brought him home, "Mom, you always spend time with the baby. You should spend time with me. Can you go on a date with me tonight?"

I felt terrible. He has been so patient and sweet about his brother, never complaining, instead cooing over this new thing that was taking up all his attention. So maybe I wasn't doing a good enough job making time for him....I was also so proud of him for expressing his feelings in such a grown up way instead of through bad behavior.

So, that night we had ice cream for dinner. Ice cream topped with candy bars, gummy bears, chocolate chips, cheese cake bites and a bunch of other junk sure to give a little boy a tummy ache. We had a blast.
collage

360

p.s. Ice cream for dinner automatically makes you the coolest mom ever.

4 comments:

TWoodseresa said...

What a cute big brother.

Our Little Corner said...

When can I come over for dinner?

Being An Allred said...

So cute love the pictures and the whole idea.

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Wow. You pretty much have the CUTEST kid ever!! Love your blog!

Love your guts
mandi

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.