Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coma Shmoma

Tomorrow is our home visit and I a little bit feel like my body is going to collapse at any possible moment. I'm not sure if I've gone insane or if I'm just prideful, but I am sure there is some sort of explanation as to why I decided to tackle every project within the last decade that has gone undone until now.

The Hubs is currently hard at work swapping out our bathroom faucet. He's not necessarily the handyman type, he's a lot of other really great things, but hopefully after a few choice words under his breath I'll have a faucet with two handles. Awe, I love modern day conveniences. That alone should move us to the top of the list, I'm thinking.

It's very possible I might work myself into a coma and come tomorrow will be laying flat-faced on the floor in the middle of my sparkling clean house while the lovely caseworker shows herself around my baby-proofed abode. That wouldn't be cause for concern would it? I mean, my house would be clean.

I am tired.

Cross your fingers everything goes smoothly!

p.s. Despite my numerous attempts to change his mind, Boo is sure our social worker is bringing a baby with her. Cute Boo. OK maybe I'm hoping for the same, really. A girl and a 3-year-old can hope can't we?

10 comments:

Bradie said...

GOOD LUCK! I'm sure everything is perfect!

Heather - said...

Good luck!! I'm sure everything will go really well :) Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Brittany said...

Good luck today! They are crazy if they don't leave you with a new baby right on the spot. xoxo

Briann said...

Good Luck!

Molly Rivera said...

Ha ha! Your poor hubs! :-) It will go just great. Let us know!!

cindy said...

did you request the striped one while she was there?

love.boxes said...

Go Boo. I think if Boo does his, "I promise to be such a good brother routine.." You'll be new parents in no time!

Carina Schoen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carina Schoen said...

Okay, this totally made me laugh. We cleaned for 72 straight hours before our first home visit. My husband wanted to make sure every square CENTIMETER of our closets were immaculate. May I now mention that she didn't look at our closets? She didn't check for dust or how well we vacuumed, either... But our house was DANG clean. :)

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

paxil

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.