Tuesday, January 25, 2011

'A Broken Heart is an Open Heart'

Today I feel like I'm losing this battle. I ran outside and screamed as loud as I could as if wanting someone somewhere to hear me and to be blamed for my heartache. I fell to my knees, crying in the snow until my body shook, unable to breath or even feel my legs burning from the ice underneath them.

Why is this happening to me? Why is this happening to my family? What more am I supposed to learn from this? How much more will I have to endure? These are the questions that are spinning like a top in my mind.

Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be new and fresh and will bring new hope. But today, right now, I want to feel sad. I want to feel it, understand it, learn from it and revel in it until there is no other way but up.

Like Boo always says, "Tomorrow is a new day."

7 comments:

Heather - said...

Even though we're facing different trials, I understand.

Molly Rivera said...

I am so sorry Kelli. This just breaks my heart, and makes me want to cry :-( Wish I could just give you a big hug!

Alicia said...

Kelli, I am so very sorry. You are such a neat girl and our family loves you so much. I am so glad you shared this, even if it is hard to do. I will put your name and your family on the temple prayer roll and remember you in our daily prayers. Gray is such a cute boy, I just adore him. He is so lucky to have the parents he does. You guys are so good to him and such good examples for him. What a lucky little guy. Love your way...

cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cindy said...

:( I'm so sorry sweetheart. Everything will turn out I know it will keep having faith

Being An Allred said...

Hop on a plane and come see me babe. You know I would be on the next flight if Ryan wasn't leaving I love you so much besty. Please call me. My heart aches for you girl -friend.

Brittney said...

How did I ever forget you blog? I'm so, so sorry, friend. My heart is heavy for you. I wish I had a gift with words like you do so I could better explain what's in my heart. I love ya.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.