Saturday, June 12, 2010

Little Diddies

This morning Boo and I were sitting on the couch watching our Saturday-morning cartoons. Boo needed to go potty, so he was holding himself. He suddenly jerked back, then looked up at me with very big concerned eyes and said, "Mommy, my weenie pushed me." Uh, what??? I almost died laughing. I still have no idea what in the world made him think or say that, but it was the funniest thing I have ever heard. Especially because he was so serious.

------------------

We took Boo to "Alice and Wonderland" today. He and The Hubs pounded the hugest box of popcorn the theater makes. Every time I looked over I saw both of their eyes glued to the screen, shoveling popcorn like mad. When Boo wasn't eating his popcorn he wasn't interested in the movie. It was important that there was always popcorn being eaten.

Before the movie started I had to tell him that it was only pretend and it was OK to cover his eyes if he got scared. He didn't cover his eyes, but periodically during the scary parts he reminded me, "Tend (pretend) Mommy," with a smile on his face.

------------------

Boo counted to 10 by himself today for the first time! I was beginning to get worried that he would never know numbers beyond one and two. This would not be a bright future. But today I breathed a sigh of relief when with a little prodding from Mom, he counted to 10 all by himself, excluding nine of course. For some reason he won't say nine. Yes, now you can start singing "Twilight Zone," doo, doo, doo, doo. doo, doo, doo, doo.

--------------------

Last night we made Boo's crib into a toddler bed. I wasn't in any hurry for the transition because I happen to like the idea of him being caged at night. For his safety and my sleep. However, we decided to see how it goes. Boo was excited to help us put the bed together. He helped by screwing the screws and being in our way. But once it was time for bed he did not want to sleep in it. He said he was scared. So after a few hours of not knowing what to do and regretting our decision, I finally got in bed with him until he feel asleep.

He slept fine during his nap today. In fact, he still doesn't think he is allowed to get down by himself because he still called for me when he woke up and said, "I'm awake, Mom," and then was very excited to crawl down by himself. Silly boy.

I just laid him down for bed with no problems, so I think we're OK. Hopefully now I'll stop getting guff from my friends about keeping my 2-year-old in a crib.

3 comments:

Candida Marie said...

joe's cousin still has her girl in a crib, she's 3.5.

great stories, i miss that cute little boy!

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

Cute I love hearing the funny things Grey does! We are in town over the fourth of July so we should definitely get together :)

Jennifer said...

Grey is so sweet. He is getting so big. You are so good to write things down so you can remember them forever. It was fun for me to read them too. Cute pics at the zoo! That is definately one of our favorite things to do!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.