Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Little boys love their mommies

I impatiently sat on hold while resting on my bed wearing a sweaty T-shirt and Capri jeans, after a hot afternoon at the park. A sleepy Boo climbed up the foot of the bed, as he always does as the three logs on our log bed make a suitable latter for climbing. He crawled in between my legs, laid down and continued drinking his milk. After awhile he looked up at me with his piercing brown eyes and said, "Mommy pittee (pretty)," and continued gazing up at me with a sweet little smile.

My heart melted of course. I have never heard him call anything pretty. I didn't even know he knew the word. So I immediately asked The Hubs if Boo had a little coaching from Daddy. To my pleasure, it was all Boo. No coaching, just sincere feelings about his mommy. What a wonderful boy I have.

2 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Adorable! And you know he is only speaking pure truth from his heart! Glad all is well!

Brittany said...

What a doll! Grey sure does love his Mommy, how could he not?! He is such a sweet, fun and loving little boy. You and Brock have done such a great job as parents! Love ya!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.