Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lazy mommy

When Boo woke up this morning, Brock had to go get him - I couldn't move. I seriously felt like a brick. I could barely open my eyes, let alone get out of bed.

The Hubs brought him in to me after repeated "Mamma, mamma, mamma." Being the lazy brick that I was I just laid there with my eyes shut while he laid his head on my chest and stared up at me. It was Heaven. I love when Boo will snuggle with me. After a few minutes he finally said, "Mamma? Hi. Mamma?... Morning." (in a soft little sing-songy voice.)

It was the first time he has ever said that word (Morning). He said it in the exact tone I say to him every morning. At first I didn't recognize exactly what he was saying. He said it again, in the same soft voice and I opened my eyes and replied, "Good morning!" He smiled big, very pleased with himself at knowing exactly what to do to get his lazy mom out of bed.

It made my whole day. Ahhhh, I love him.

1 comments:

Kricket said...

What a cute story.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.