Saturday, August 30, 2008

a quick little update

Grey is crawling! He has been, actually, for about a month now. At first he wasn't so steady and his back legs would go forward at the same time like a little froggy. But now he's everywhere. It cracks me up to watch him get really excited about something across the room and crawl as fast as he can to get it. He looks like a little mechanical doll. The fact that he can get around by himself makes us both very happy. :) The kid is 21 pounds! Are you kidding me?
After months of eating, with pleasure, whatever was dangled in front of his face, he has now decided to be a picky eater. His once favorite foods, carrots and pears are no longer acceptable. He will only tolerate foods with meat and eggs, or an occasional banana or sweet potato. What a stink! He gets so excited when I put him in his highchair to eat. But if it's baby food, I get to listen to him wail in disappointment. It's a real treat. Thank goodness he still likes tomatoes, despite his dad's bad influence.
On another note, we are moving to Provo Monday. I still can't believe it, to be honest. We have been packing like mad people the past week and our house still is full of stuff. It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
I told Brock I have mixed feelings about leaving. Every day I feel another emotion. I know all you peeps who live in other states are thinking I'm a pretty big nerd, because it's just Provo...but that's exactly it-it's Provo! It is quite possible it may be more of a culture shock than if we moved out of state. I never thought, in a million years, I'd be in Provo. I'm an Aggie for Heaven sakes. :)
Seriously though, I think it will be a great experience for our family. I have already met several really cool girls that have husbands in Brock's program and a lot of them have little boys, Grey's age.
Thursday, Sherrie Dew was the guest speaker for his last day of orientation. She spoke about the power of influence. She is an amazing person. I really enjoyed everything she had to say.
I will leave you with a profound little quote from her speech : (Uh-Oh, am I already blogging like a Provoite?) And (Is that what I'm called now?)
"Show me the women of a family, a community and a nation and I'll show you the character and heart of that family, community and nation.
"Show me the men of a family, community and nation and I'll show you the strength and determination of that family, community and nation."
-Not sure who said it, but someone really cool.

8 comments:

Molly Rivera said...

That is exciting that Grey is crawling. It took Jackson forever to just roll over, so I feel like he will never crawl.

Provo...well, what can I say, it's Provo. It's kind of a weird place, but at the same time it's beautiful and there are a lot of young people in the same situation as you, so I'm sure it will be easy to make friends. Good luck with the move.

Brittney said...

Oh Kelli you make me laugh :) You may be excited but I am absolutly dreading it. Who is going to go on early morning bike rides with me and out for ice-cream and come sit in my messy house and chat. Sigh, ah well, I suppose Provo isn't that far away.

Oh, and please leave Grey here. You can go if you must, but please, leave the baby :)

Dave is making me say, "GO UTES"

Nicole said...

I was just wondering what you guys were doing and if you would be moving soon. And as for Provo, I lived there for 3 years and it is a lot better than it's reputation. I really think you guys will like it. Good luck with moving and keep us updated on all you do there.

T-Rah said...

Ha Ha your moving to Provo! lol
It's actually not that bad...I lived there too. Hey, I'm coming to Utah Sat/Sun to go Shelese's Baby blessing in Layton...maybe we could get together, I'd LOVE to see your little one in person finally!!

HappyHodges said...

Kelli! I hope you guys are all moved and settled and enjoying Provo (if thats possible, he he) I hope we can stay in touch and us 3 girls will have to meet in the middle for ice cream!

Alicia said...

Cute little boy!

Alicia said...

How fun! He is at such a fun age right now. We all think he is so adorable in our family. You too. All of us love Kelli and Hayley too. Brock and Skylar married great women.

Butler Blog said...

Hey there chica-my phone is broken right now, or else I would just call you...but I have someone who is looking for an amazing photographer for a wedding, and I suggested you. She wants your number, but since my phone isn't working, I don't have it. So you need to email me and give me the number!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.