Friday, May 2, 2008

My secret, rather sinful indulgence...

I have only four words....Sex and the City!.....The Movie!! In Oprah's words, "This is not a movie it's an event!" Its debut is May 30, four years since the show retired. So save the date, all you fanatics out there, (whom should be embarrassed, as am I, a little). ;) 

Oh how I've missed you Carrie and Big!

Reasons I love Sex and the City:
  • Manolo Blahniks
  • Prada
  • New York City
  • The writing and narrative is clever, witty and, oh so funny!
  • Carrie is a writer and has her own column in a newspaper, hence the name
  • The importance of good girlfriends
  • Did I mention New York City?
  • Carrie's (Sarah Jessica Parker) sense of humor and all around fabulousness
  • Smart, independent women
  • Buying ridiculously expensive shoes, instead of paying rent
  • The fact that Carrie has never used her kitchen (Because she is always going to fabulous parties and restaurants with girlfriends and handsome men. Who needs a kitchen?)
  • The theme song
I will now leave you with a few classic quotes from the show, in anticipation of the movie!

Carrie: "If you're tired, take a 'nappa.' You don't move to Napa!"

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all, is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you, you love, well, that's just fabulous."

Carrie: "I made him swear on Chanel."
Samantha: "Well as long as he took the oath of fabric."

Samantha: "I don't believe in the Republican party. I don't believe in the democratic party. I just believe in parties."

Carrie: "I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Carrie: "I'm looking for love. Real love. ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."

Carrie: "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone-just as wild-to run with."

Big: "After a while, you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh."

Carrie: "I'm homeless! I'll be a bag lady! A Fendi bag lady, but a bag lady."

Carrie: "I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet."

Carrie: "I'm not home, but my shoes are. Leave a message."

Carrie: "It's hard to find somebody who will love you, no matter what. I found three of them." (Her girlfriends)

Embarrassing? Yes. But I love it!!


A little taste of the magic...

3 comments:

Dave and Britt said...

I love finding out things I never knew about you. Ok I have to admit, I've never seen the show, never much heard of it. I'm borderline Amish. Don't laugh.

Oh and the girls night....sounded so fun.

Jamie said...

Embarrased? No! I say embrace it! Loved the clip! You haven't commented on my latest post. I count on you for these thing.

Dave and Britt said...

So I watched the clip, now I'm intrigued.

Anyway, I wanted to give you the newest update on the train horns. I know, I know I have told you twice already they would stop honking on a certain day and they haven't yet. A friend of mine said she heard it on the radio that they will stop on Monday. Cross your fingers.

Also do you know what in the hay is going on in our backyards? Does the construction lights and noises keep you guys up at night? Grrr.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.