Monday, May 9, 2011

A mother is me.

Yesterday I woke up feeling anxious to get to church. I didn't want to miss the Mother's Day songs and talks I so needed to hear. I was out of bed even before The Hubs and that is rare. I'm usually the one begging, '10 more minutes please!'

Once we got there I knew why. It wasn't just the talks and music I wanted to hear, but the feelings God needed me to have. One of my friends was speaking about moms. My first thought was how crappy it was that she had to speak on Mother's Day. It's supposed to be her day off, I thought. But how glad I am that she consented to speak because her words were inspired. I was meant to hear those words as I'm sure were many others in the congregation.

She spoke about women who struggle with having children and how all of us, even those who don't have any children are still mothers to someone. We all deserve to be celebrated, she said, because of the nurturing qualities we were born with regardless of our situation.

It wasn't her exact words that stood out to me, but the feelings and emotions they evoked inside of me. I cried the entire way through her talk not out of pity for myself, but because I know God is aware of me. I had a very strong sense of peace and self-assurance.

The Hubberton is very thoughtful and gave me a little something to give me comfort.

DSC_2807
It reads "Eventually." Does it give you chills? Because it gave me chills when I opened it.

And the little boy who makes this mama's life more special than she ever imagined.
DSC_2752

Happy Mother's Day!!

15 comments:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Beautiful Post! Thank you so much for sharing. Happy Mother's Day!

Jamie said...

Love it!

Vivian said...

I loved this post. Eventually..what a word full of meaning. You are a beautiful MOM!

Brittany said...

Happy Mother's Day my friend! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy said...

Love it! What a sweet post and a sweet gift, and you are so gorgeous.

Briawna said...

i loved hearing our mother's day talks, too. I can't believe how big that little boy of your's is getting! He is so adorable. You're pretty adorable, too. :-)

Nick and Whit said...

Oh Kelli. I love your posts. I read them over and over just hoping your optimism and attitude rub off on me. You're a beautiful mother! You deserve all the blessings that are yet to come.

cindy said...

love it you all are so beautiful gorgeous wonderful fabulous did i leave anything out love you

Cristy said...

Love Brock's gift. He is so thoughtful. Love the pics. You are so beautiful!

Alicia said...

Pretty post. I love your gift and I love Gray's expression in that photo. That is a beautiful photo of you guys!

Ryan and Hetz said...

Love the necklace! You are so beautiful!! I just love reading what you've blogged. You're an inspiration!

Michael and Staci said...

You are a drop dead gorgeous mama!!! Happy (late) Mother's Day! :-)

Fowler family said...

Okay, I have to totally agree with the comment above, you are so pretty Kelli! I clicked on your blog after hearing on facebook your good news! So happy for you guys! A baby boy for Grey to be best buds with. So perfect! Congratulations!!

Being An Allred said...

You are a beautiful mother and woman. I am so blessed to have such an amazing person as my best friend. The Lord loves you. This morning had been insane with the kiddos. I read your post and now I reminded why I am a mom of four. I am so blessed for you and your words. Also you look so beautiful. My future son in law is getting so big.

GeNee said...

That is such a beautiful picture of you Kelli and Grey looks so handsome. He is the most darling child. We are excited for your new little one too.

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.