Thursday, August 5, 2010

A 2-year-old's Intuition

We have been thinking about getting a puppy the last little while to cure my baby hunger and give Boo a little buddy. I've been feeling bad that a little friend isn't on the way for him yet. We've talked to Boo about it a little, but decided to hold off for awhile and haven't brought it up recently. But apparently it is still vivid in Boo's mind.

Today while eating lunch he became subdued and pensive. I asked him if anything was wrong and he said, "Mommy, I want a dog......and you want a baby." It's almost like he understood that the two were related somehow. I got a little choked up by his sincere and intuitive comment. And now a puppy is very much back on the radar.

5 comments:

Candida Marie said...

never underestimate those little ones! that will be fun for grey.

Bradie said...

awww...that's cute! What kind of dog are you looking for?

Kelli said...

we are thinking about a wheaten terrier. have you heard of them? they are medium sized and don't shed. they have fluffy, shaggy fur.

Bradie said...

I love Wheaten terriers! They are very cute dogs...We looked for one for Breklyn but they are hard to find! We ended up getting her a labradoodle. I think my mom is going to breed her soon, so if you don't find a wheaten...... lol...

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

The stuff he says is sooo adorable! I am so excited to hang out with you guys on the cruise over thanksgiving!

knickers or trousers "mommy blog"
Credit: Header photos by Jessica Kettle Photography.